In order for your employees to be in the Aspire system, you will need to create a contact record and user account for new employees who are not crew members (this also includes Crew Leaders).
Employees require two pieces in order for their Aspire logins to work:
A contact record must be created (In the Contacts module)
A user record must be created (Administration ➡️ User Management ➡️ Users)
💡 Make sure to create an internal process of what additional information you would like to include in an employee's record. This could include Pay Rates, Certifications, or custom fields.
To create an employee contact specifically for a crew member, click here.
You must have either:
Branch Admin (if enhanced security is checked in Administration's Configuration)
Creating an Employee
⚠️ Before creating a new employee contact, check that a contact has not already been created for the user! This can be done by going to the Contacts module and searching for their name.
To create an Employee Contact, follow the steps below:
1. Hover over the Quick Menu and press New Contact.
2. Fill in the employee’s First Name, Last Name, and Title
3. Pick Employee for Contact Type
4. Fill in the employee’s work email address.
📌 Note: The email address does not have to be an active or real email account. The email address will be used as a user name to log into Aspire.
5. Pick the employee’s branch. (You will select the branches they should have access to later)
6. Enter in the employee’s Primary Address, Office Phone, and Mobile Phone.
7. Once finished with the contact record, click the triple dot menu in the top right and select Create User.
8. The contact record will automatically save and open the user record. The information entered will carry over to the fields in the user record (besides PIN).
9. Enter in a Pin and Password. The PIN value will overwrite any PIN value in the Contact record.
The PIN must be unique to the employee as Aspire does not allow the same PIN numbers.
The PIN and password can be the same or different within a contact and the fields are alphanumeric.
There is not a minimum number of required characters.
Aspire recommends using a naming convention for developing a PIN and password.
Use the employee’s ID #
Use first two letters of their first name and first four letters of their last name (Tom Smith – tosmit)
10. Type the branch the employee will need access to or select the All Branch Access checkbox. You can also select the branch(es) from the dropdown.
11. Add any attachments, if needed.
📌 Note: If attachments such as driver’s licenses are attached, then anyone with access to view the user can view the attachment.
12. Select the role the user will have. This gives them the rights in the system and defines the employee’s system access.
13. Press Save in the upper right.
14. This will take you back into the new Employee's contact and you will see new available employee fields appear.
15. Scroll down to find the Payroll section of the new Employee contact.
16. Pick the Employee’s Pay Schedule. (Pay Schedule is setup in Administration ➡️ Application ➡️ Lists ➡️ Choose Pay Schedule from dropdown)
17. Enter in the Employee’s Number from your company’s payroll system or internal records.
18. The Employee's PIN will show based on what was entered on the user record.
19. In the Pay Rates section, click on the blue New button.
20. Enter in the employee’s Effective Date, Base Rate, and Burden %. The Hourly Cost will calculate automatically.
📌 Note: Effective Date should be the Sunday before the start of the work week for a new hire.
21. Below, you can also add Certifications or Employee Incidents by clicking the blue New button for historical or HR purposes.
22. Select Save to complete the contact information.