What is a Service Type?
Service Types are used to group services and tie them to your divisions. They can be thought of as Sub Divisions. They are the link between divisions and services to break down the pricing mark ups on your opportunities.
Examples of Service Types, like for a Maintenance Division, could be General Maintenance, Chemical Applications, Commercial or Residential.
⚠️ To create or edit Service Types, the user must have System Admin access.
⚠️ If you are currently in Implementation, it's recommended to start simple with your Service Types, you can always add complexity as you continue using your system!
✅ You've read Building Your Organization in Aspire. If you haven't, please read this article before moving forward.
To add a new Service Type, follow these steps:
Click on your Profile Icon, then Administration.
2. Click Application
3. Click Lists.
4. A drop down will appear. Click Select A List, scroll down, and click Service Type.
5. Click the blue New icon to create a new Service Type.
6. When creating a new Service Type, the Active slide will automatically be yellow and to the right. In order to inactivate a service type, click the Active slider while the service type is Active. It will then turn grey.
7. Enter the Service Type Name.
8. Click from the drop down menu which division this Service Type will be linked to.
9. The Sort Order is optional and can be used to display the Service Types in a specific order. As with all sort orders, the lower the number, the higher it will show on your list.
10. Service Type Integration Code is optional. 📑 To learn more about Integration Codes, read this article.
📑 To learn more about creating Services, read this article.