This article is for your employees who will only be using Aspire's mobile system as Crew Members.
Crew Employees only require one piece in order for their Aspire logins to work:
A contact record must be created (In the Contacts module)
💡 Make sure to create an internal process of what additional information you would like to include in an employee's record. This could include Pay Rates, Certifications, or custom fields
You must have either:
Branch Admin (if enhanced security is checked in Administration's Configuration)
Creating a Crew Employee Contact
⚠️ Before creating a new crew employee contact, check that a contact has not already been created for the user! This can be done by going to the Contacts module and searching for their name.
To create a Crew Member contact:
1. Click the Quick Menu icon and select New Contact
2. Fill in the employee’s First Name, Last Name, and Title
3. Select Employee for Contact Type.
4. Fill in the employee’s work email address and pick the employee's branch.
📌 Note: The email address does not have to be an active or real email account. The email address will be used as a user name to log into Aspire.
5. Add any other additional information based on your company's policy. When finished, press Save.
6. This will take you to the Contacts Search screen. Go back into the new Employee's contact record by searching for them as you will see new available employee fields appear.
7. Scroll down to find the Payroll section of the new Employee contact.
8. Pick the Employee’s Pay Schedule. (Pay Schedule is setup in Administration ➡️ Application ➡️ Lists ➡️ Choose Pay Schedule from dropdown)
9. Enter in the Employee’s Number from your company’s payroll system or internal records.
10. Enter the Employee PIN. The PIN must be unique to the employee as Aspire does not allow the same PIN numbers between employees.
This is the PIN they will use to clock in and out of Aspire Mobile.
There is not a minimum number of required characters.
Aspire recommends using a naming convention for developing a PIN.
Use the employee’s ID #
Use first two letters of their first name and first four letters of their last name (Tom Smith – tosmit)
11. In the Pay Rates section, click on the blue New button.
12. Enter in the employee’s Effective Date, Base Rate, and Burden %. The Hourly Cost will calculate automatically.
📌 Note: Effective Date should be the Sunday before the start of the work week for a new hire.
13. Below, you can also add Certifications or Employee Incidents by clicking the blue New button for historical or HR purposes.
14. Select Save.