What are Divisions?
Divisions are designated profit centers within a company used for tracking revenue and expenses. Divisions are commonly used in Aspire reports for breaking out hours, costs, and revenue!
The most common divisions for companies using Aspire include maintenance, enhancements, snow, irrigation, and overhead. Other common divisions are construction, subcontractor, indirect, internal, plant healthcare, and landscape.
⚠️ To create a division, you must have System Admin permissions!
To create a new division:
2. Click Administration.
3. Click the Application tab.
4. Click the Lists subsection.
5. Click the drop down list and select Division.
6. The division list will appear. To create a new Division, click the blue New button.
7. The Active slide bar will automatically be on (yellow and to the right). (To inactivate a division, you will click the yellow slider.)
8. Now, fill out the Division Name, which is the line of business. (For instance: maintenance, enhancement, irrigation)
9. The Division Code field is optional and enables you to define the division code recognized by the accounting system connected to each of the company’s divisions in Aspire.
10. The Worker's Comp Code is also optional and can specified here at the division level to be used when exporting employee time from Aspire to the external system. The worker's comp code must be set up prior to this screen.
11. You can enter a number for the Display Order. Generally, it is recommended to be in increments of 10. This is used in ordering your divisions on the P&L statement within Aspire. The lower the number, the higher the display order is on the view.
12. Select the Indirect checkbox only for your overhead division. All companies need to have an overhead division set up in their system.
(To learn more about creating indirect properties, services, and opportunities, click here!)